09 November 2011

Guest Author!

I am thrilled to be able to post a piece of flash from my cousin, Natasha Gdansk - the poetess from Milwaukee who is also known as the Parchment Banshee.  Without further ado, I give you...


Bad Casketiquette

My wake from death was quite a disappointment. I expected to see dirt, or at least those worms playing pinochle in my snout. But, alas, I woke up in a bakery. 

Not just any shop, but one of those alluring French patisseries that whispers XXX in every language. The kind with desserts so lush, so enticing, so perfect…that they must certainly be airbrushed.

Of course, nobody was behind the counter to serve me. Panic set in when I realized that I couldn’t get at the chocolate ganache, the raspberry mousse tarte or the almond gallettes. Locked in freshness forever.

Frantically, I swung an antique silver coffee urn against the glass, only to spill day-old, tepid coffee on my toes.

Crazy Uncle Frankie was right: I would end up in hell someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment